Well today I finally made myself get up at 5AM on a weekend and go for a bike ride. I am sore and tired now, but happy I finally did it. We rode out from Rocky prior to the sun rise and were out at the beaches in the early hours of the morning. My odometer said 108.5 Km when I returned home. Not bad seeing as I have not had a ride over 60Km since arriving in Australia. We stopped at a bakery in Yeppoon a little over the half way point for a little rest and refuel. I choose an apple pie and a bottle of chocolate milk. My quads were burning on the return to town, but I couldn't slow up to warm down. I was climbing the last hill 500 meters from my house and was riding next Chaddy (Rock Racing's Glen Chadwick), his cool down was a bit quicker than mine.
Skipping back to Saturday night, I had a track race. We had a nice warm up and just as we were beginning our race it started sprinkling. By five laps into the race the track was too slick and they called the event. Turnout has been dwindling so it may have been the last race of the year. Road season is due to start in April.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment